Despite all the recommendations, encouragement and cajoling directed at you, you just can’t make the step into the world of Social Media. While I am concerned by that decision, it is yours to make. But is that the end of the discussion? Maybe not.
If you are publishing any form of content on an occasional or regular basis - visual or text - perhaps you should consider showing social buttons on that content to make it easier for others seeing your content to share it with their network. This is an easy way to establish some social currency without needing to be a producer of the content.
This content could be a blog you produce to expand showcase completed jobs or next season’s designs. It doesn’t matter. This material will be of interest to a wide range of people and their network. By giving them the tools, in the form of social buttons, you make their task of sharing your content much simpler.
Of course, if you are producing content you are probably active in some form of Social Media even if you aren’t aware of it. But we won’t let that get in the way of the discussion.
Some people interested in your material are going to share it with or without your help. So why not make it easier for them. More people will share. Just because you aren’t active in Social Media doesn’t mean some of your material hasn’t already been shared. I know of one company that doesn’t have a Pinterest account, yet has had several of their photos “pinned”.
This is a good first step in case you are thinking you will eventually take the leap of faith.
A few things worth considering:
- Staying away from Social Media won’t protect you from being mentioned
- If you are thinking you “might” relent and take on Social Media, even in a small way, perhaps it’s time to register an account in the major channels to reserve your brand name
- You can always start small and grow as you become more comfortable with the process
Discussion, comments, questions are always welcome.
- Impact of Social Media on SEO (midboh.com.au)
- Getting started with a Social Media strategy (blog.midboh.com.au)
- Update on the impact of Social on search results (blog.midboh.com.au)
- Social Media is for everyone not just the believers. (blog.midboh.com.au)
- Social Media - why bother? (blog.midboh.com.au)
- Interest centric social media - is it the new black? (blog.midboh.com.au)
- Social Media is the answer but not to every question (blog.midboh.com.au)
- Social Media is a process not a project (blog.midboh.com.au)